All clear for six new fuel cell projects
Wednesday, June 21, 2017
“The interest grows along with the market development” says Bertil Wahlund who leads the fuel cell tech watch.
Fourteen applications came in and six were granted funding when Swedish Electromobility Centre invited project proposals for fuel cell tech watch. “The interest in fuel cells grows along with the market development” says Bertil Wahlund from Energiforsk, who leads the tech watch in the Centre’s theme area Fuel cells.
The granted projects concern
- monitoring of the development of solid oxide fuel cells (and electrolyzers)
- how the cost of fuel cell systems varies with different power sizes in vehicles
- lifetime and cost of pressure tanks for hydrogen storage, but also for other storage options
- the possibilities for fuel cells in vehicles, handling machines and locomotives in intermodal transport systems
- demonstration of a cargo bike with fuel cell for higher power
Fuel cells is one of Swedish Electromobility Centre’s five theme areas, with the objective of building a knowledge base and enabling a broader introduction of fuel cells for transport and for society.
Text: Emilia Lundgren